1/16/13

What it's like to visit the locations in your book

Sophie Moss, writer extraordinaire of modern fairy tale romances set in Ireland's Aran Islands, invited me to write a guest post for her blog about what it was like to see, hear and smell some of the important locations in Legacy of the Highlands. Magical, would be a good one-word description. To read more, click through to Sophie's blog.
There's also a giveaway of two copies of the novel to those who leave a comment there.

http://www.sophiemosswrites.com/2013/01/the-romance-of-scotland-by-harriet.html?spref=fb

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is a very good point. I was lucky enough to visit Scotland in October 2012 and it does give the story a whole other element when you are able to relate the story back to things you actually saw. I actually had the opportunity to visit Inverness and the Culloden Battlefield. The history of the Battlefield was amazing and helped me unterstand the Clan aspect you wrote about.

Harriet Schultz said...

Good point, Danielle.
When I visited the battlefield I cried because Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book had made it so real for me.
Thanks for commenting.