4/6/14

The BEST review!

This five-star review was posted on Goodreads today. This is one of the best descriptions I've seen of what it's like to read Legacy of the Highlands. So happy!

"What do you get when you write a hot romance, with a tall, dark and sexy hero and not a typical -- please save me, I'm a clumsy virgin who is in way over her head -- but a smart, sexy proactive heroine and THEN throw in political intrigue, murder, a lesson in history and sex......you get Legacy of the Highlands. Legacy of the Highlands is not in my wheelhouse of usual reads..I usually end up reading romantic eroticas and chick lit full of misspellings, grammatical errors and filled with thans rather then THENS...you get the picture. I loved this book, the Hero, Diego, is not a so-over-the-top Alpha male who gets his kicks with some whimpering, simpering heroine. Alex, our heroine, is smart, savvy, prone to flirting and has great friends and healthy relationships. I particularly enjoyed Alex's conversations with her BFF Francie, they were fun, realistic and flowed beautifully. Ms. Schultz's attention to detail and her research paid off big time. The author took a subject I knew nothing about and detailed the historical and the contemporary aspect of Scotland's fight for independence from England. I was never bored, carried my ereader into the bathroom with me and sat for four solid hours reading this book. Everything about this book was spot on from pacing to love scenes...this book has it all."

No comments: