10/2/12

Library Talk 10/9/2012

Since writing is a very solitary occupation, I love to meet and talk with readers. I must admit that I was nervous before my first author presentation at the main branch of the Portland Public Library, but it turned out to be fun. I also moderated a discussion there after a showing of "Guilty Pleasures," a PBS documentary about the romance novel industry. A twenty minute interview on the radio and a talk to a local organization's book club helped me conquer my fear of speaking to a group, although I still get butterflies before I start. It's very true that if you know your material, that's 90 percent of the battle. I wrote the book, so I should be familiar with it!
How cool to see my name on the announcement board at the Falmouth (Maine) Pubic Library. Everyone's welcome!

No comments: